Tuesday, September 21, 2010

EDL- Blog Post 1


1.       What do you expect from your PLN journey this semester?  
I am looking forward to having the time to learn more about technology as an instructional and collaborative tool in my professional life.  In the past, I have focused on technology as an instructional and collaborative tool for my students. 
2.       How might it compare with and influence what you already do?
While I use technology to make my personal and professional life more efficient,  and I have used technology as a network to collaborate and grow through my hobbies and personal interests, I haven’t fully realized technology as a collaborative tool professionally.
3.        What concerns you?  
There are some technology tools in which I am simply uninterested, and many of them seem to create a guise of impersonality and anonymity that I think has the potential to breed misinformation and/or a lack of personal responsibility.  There are a lot of people behaving in ways that they wouldn’t in face-to-face social interactions.  Likewise, there is a lot of inaccurate and irresponsible information being disseminated.   
4.       What excites you?  
The prospect of learning about tools of which I was previously unaware.